[Note: The following information was presented by Linda Howe in her ISCNI Academy class session on Sunday, May 28, 1995.]
More crop formations have been reported in England, and the first one of the season in the United States.
The U. S. formation was found in Lebanon, Oregon near Portland on April 30. The crop was a mixture of cow peas and wheat. The formation was a slightly elliptical ring 11 feet by 11 feet 8 inches with an approximately 3 foot diameter circle of standing wheat.
Biophysicist W. C. Levengood in Michigan found that the growth nodes in the wheat showed very significant expansion compared to unaffected plants outside the oval. The farm owner, his wife and two teenage children reported suffering severe nose bleeds around the time the formation was discovered. [They] wondered if there was any connection, because none of them had ever had nose bleeds before and none since about April 30.
Dr. W. C. Levengood is a retired biophysicist in Michigan who has done extensive analysis of plant samples taken from crop circles by Linda Howe and other researchers. He has been coordinating his work with other scientists who so far wish to remain anonymous. Linda Howe, Dr. Levengood and others are participating for the next six months on a research project in which they will gather as much physical data from formations as possible in Canada and the U. S., specifically to work with other scientists in academic institutions. By next spring, they anticipate being able to summarize much more data from several academic studies.
[Recent] English formations have included a rape seed circle in Sussex, England in early May in which Dr. Levengood has found biophysical and biochemical changes which cannot be hoaxed. Then on May 9, a large egg-shaped oval was flattened in wheat at Woodborough Hill, a now-famous crop formation active center in the Wiltshire area of southern England. And a 32-foot diameter circle with central swirls was found May 14 near Ogbourne St. George north of Marlborough, also in Wiltshire. (A diagram of this formation is posted as a GIF in the ISCNI public library.) Dr. Levengood has received samples from these formations, but does not have results yet.
The major biochemical and biophysical changes that seem to be separating truly anomalous formations from hoaxed ones are:
1) Changes at the mitochondria level of the plant cells in which respiration takes place. These fundamental changes cannot be hoaxed and [observations] of these respiration changes have been forming a consistent pattern from affected plants in England, Canada, the U. S. and Australia for the past two years.
2) A consistent pattern of increased cell pit size changes.
3) Expansion at the cell level of plant tissue in the growth nodes. This is a biophysical change which cannot be hoaxed either and produces a re-orientation of the growth nodes that has been as severe as 45 degrees from the vertical in some plants. Other anomalous changes seen ONLY in formation plants are "expulsion cavities" in the growth nodes. These are small holes from which the water and node tissue have literally burst out of the nodes leaving dark areas and cavities in the nodes.
Dr. Levengood's hypothesis is that a complex energy is interacting with affected plants, perhaps microwave frequency/ies which heat cell water, but do not cook the plants. When the heated water reaches a certain pressure in the firm and thicker lower growth nodes, he thinks it simply bursts out.
4) Lack of embryo development in formation seeds in early spring plants such as the current formations.
The evolution of the phenomenon from about 1978 in England, [from] simple early circles to a proliferation of increasingly complex formations beginning in 1989 and continuing to date, is a puzzle to all who research the mystery. Dr. Gerald Hawkins, astronomer and mathematician in Washington, D. C. and author of the classic "Stonehenge Decoded," thinks that a mathematical communication is involved in the geometric formations. Others such as Colin Andrews say that the evolving complexities relate to communication about impending planetary environmental changes which could harm our existence on earth. The Hopi prophecies are often cited as a matching example. However, there is not a great deal of matching when you actually study and compare Hopi symbols and all the crop formations. Others find matches with very Old Stone Age symbols which are still mysterious in meanings. In summary, as the shapes keep changing, the confusion increases. Intuitively, it seems logical that Something besides hoaxers and governments is trying to get the grass root human population attention. But why, I don't know.
IF YOU FIND A CROP CIRCLE...
Linda Howe and other researchers are calling for reports and assistance from the general public regarding the appearance and location of new crop circle formations, which seemingly can occur overnight in any cultivated field anywhere in the world. If you happen to discover a new formation, you can greatly assist Linda Howe's research by taking physical samples from the formation and sending them to Dr. W. C. Levengood. Linda outlines the following important steps for taking, labeling and shipping the samples:
1) Whatever the size of a formation, start at the center of the overall length and cut off a hand-full of plants at the top of the soil. Shipping roots with moist soil produces mold which can destroy samples. Place the collected plants in plastic bags, large or small, and bind the top with wire or rope for shipment. Label that first sample as CENTER OF FORMATION.
2) Move out approximately 1/3 the distance to the outside perimeter of the formation and collect another handful of affected plants and place in another plastic bag, labelling it by the distance it is from the center.
3) Move out another third and then to the outer edge of the formation, taking samples each time, placing in plastic bags and labelling where the plants came from in relation to the center.
4) Then move out at least 300 feet from the formation to collect another handful of plants as a control for comparison with plants from inside the formation. Label that bag, CONTROL and show which direction from the formation the Control was collected and how far from the formation.
5) All the bags should then be immediately shipped by FED EX or comparable rapid courier to:
W. C. Levengood, Ph.D.
Pinelandia Biophysical Lab
4853 Wolf Lake Road
Grass Lake, Michigan 49240
To have the Federal Express charge paid for by Linda Howe's research team, you may call her for an account number prior to shipment: (215) 491-9840 or FAX (215) 491-9842.
Original file name: CNI - 1995 Circle Research.LMH
This file was converted with TextToHTML - (c) Logic n.v.