Following extensive discussions of the controversial "Roswell Film Footage" at a UFO conference in San Marino, Italy on May 20-21, Italian researcher Edoardo Russo of the Centro Italiano Studi Ufologici posted a report on the internet. Sources of information for the report came from Italians Maurizio Baiata, Paolo Fiorino, Matteo Leone, Edoardo Russo and Maurizio Verga, and from Philip Mantle of BUFORA and Chris Cary (close associate of film owner Ray Santilli), both attending the conference from England.
The report added little to the general description of the "alien" body. However, Italian TV journalist Maurizio Baiata presented a paper at the symposium in which he reported having been shown three distinct film segments, each showing a different autopsy or examination sequence. One segment showed an apparent physical examination of a dead body in a tent -- perhaps a field hospital. The other two segments show autopsies in an apparent operating room. In each cases, the body seems essentially of the same type, but is not necessarily the same body each time. The body appears more deteriorated in the third sequence. Also, the operating "physicians" wear full protective clothing during the second sequence (the widely reported footage shown at the Museum of London on May 5), but wear only standard operating clothing and surgical masks in the other sequences.
The Italian report commented on a number of rumors as follows:
1) Problem with curled phone cable: Mantle said that evidence of curled cables used on telephones as early as the 1940s had been found in a book.
2) Was Truman there? Both Mantle and Baiata were adamant that they never saw nor heard of Truman being visible in any part of the film.
3) Was Detlev Bronk there? Mantle said that two names are plainly visible on a note-book held by someone during the autopsy: Detlev Bronk (the well known physiologist allegedly a member of MJ-12) and a Dr. Williams. On the contrary, Baiata was adamant that no name could be seen on any notebook. But Baiata did say that he saw a sort of introductory headline on the 12-minute (third sequence) autopsy footage he was privately shown on April 26th: "Autopsy performed by Dr. Detlev Bronk."
4) Kodak analysis: Mantle denied that any analysis has been performed by Kodak. The company only confirmed that symbols and serial numbers visible on the film were real and recycled every 20 years. They could have come from 1947, 1967 or 1987.
5) Marketing strategy: Chris Cary reportedly said that he and Ray Santilli intend to raise the level of public interest by gradual revelations (still pictures from the footage will be released in June), climaxing with the footage to be shown at the 8th International UFO Congress in Sheffield, England next August. At that time they will attempt to sell international film rights at maximum prices.
6) Highest offer yet: Santilli allegedly received and rejected an offer from Israel TV for world exclusive rights to the footage for 7 million dollars (this has not been confirmed).
Further information can be requested via e-mail. Contact email@example.com
Original file name: .CNI - Italian film report
This file was converted with TextToHTML - (c) Logic n.v.