In the last few days there have been several extraordinary developments in the ongoing saga of Ray Santilli's "Roswell" film footage. Some researchers who started from a position of extreme scepticism at the May 5th autopsy screening [at the Museum of London] are now beginning to say "Well, maybe..."
The first development is that Ray tells me that Kodak have now carried out a thorough inspection of some of the film and have given him, in writing, confirmation that the film stock is 1947 and that it must have been exposed around this date. Being something of a doubting Thomas, I shall need to see this document myself and speak to the people at Kodak before I am fully satisfied, but there is no reason to disbelieve what Ray told me. I hope to obtain a copy of the document.
He says that the negative film stock (from which the positive safety film print was made) was verified as 1947. When they print the film, the negative film codes come through on to the positive. Apparently negative film stock that has been exposed must be developed within a year or two at most or it will deteriorate rapidly. Kodak indicate then that exposure and development did take place at that time. I hope that their exact wording can be publicized in due course.
The second development is that a number of Senators (and Congressmen, presumably, since these surely include Steven Schiff of New Mexico) have requested a screening of the footage, which will reportedly take place in Washington D.C. on Wednesday, June 28th. Santilli's colleague Chris Carey is currently in Washington to arrange this and will be meeting "ten Senators." After the screening, questions will inevitably be asked of the U.S. government and it will be very hard for them to refuse an answer. Can we expect more of the tired old balloon baloney?
The third development occurred on June 26 when Colin Andrews brought a group of Chinese officials to Santilli's office in London.
After viewing the footage the Chinese said, "We have seen this before," to which Santilli replied, "Impossible." However, the Chinese said that they had received copies of their footage two years ago as part of an information interchange on UFOs which they had entered into with "a division of the CIA." This had been exchanged for some UFO footage taken in China which the CIA was extremely keen to acquire. The plot thickens!
They added that Santilli's 22 canisters of footage appeared to be the missing sequences in their footage, which must have amounted to the equivalent of 120-130 [3 minute] canisters originally. Everything was in order but Santilli appeared to have the missing segments which they had not been given. Same batch, same creatures, same rooms, same everything.
[GW: What on earth is going on here? Can we identify these people and can we identify the "division of the CIA"? Can the U.S. military have failed to spot in 1947 that there were several missing sequences in the film which the unnamed cameraman delivered to them, and which he had kept for himself?]
Roswell Crash TV Documentary
British Channel 4 TV was making a documentary on Roswell and has taken a keen interest in all these developments, following the May 5th screening [at the Museum of London]. They are now believed to have signed a contract with Ray Santilli's company, Merlin, and they plan to screen the documentary, which includes much of Santilli's footage, on August 26th.
While researching this, they showed stills from the footage to a witness who was involved in the military recovery operation in 1947. He is reported to have said (on film), "Where did you get this picture? This is the creature which we saw at that time." He went on to say that its very existence was "highly classified."
The Channel 4 documentary was trailered recently in France with a couple of still shots of the alien, and these TV pictures have today [June 26] reappeared on the front page of three Italian newspapers.
Santilli has now given Philip Mantle [of BUFORA] still photos of some of the hieroglyphics or "alien symbols" which were apparently seen on the debris filmed at the crash site. He has sent copies to certain University linguistic departments to see whether they can interpret them. Channel 4 have also worked on this. Reports are awaited. These hieroglyphics are nothing like the symbols recalled by Dr. Jesse Marcel Jr, son of Major Jesse Marcel, who co-operated recently in a project to recreate the symbols on a replica of the small "I-beam" he says his father showed him in July, 1947 (see MUFON UFO Journal, March 1995).
Further reports to follow.
Original file name: .CNI - Roswell.Plot Thickens
This file was converted with TextToHTML - (c) Logic n.v.